124 Responses

Page 3 of 3
  1. Tariq Qureshi
    Tariq Qureshi November 13, 2009 at 6:18 am |

@shamyl … I am currently in Pakistan … that is why I can see the inability of us the pakistanis to recognize what is wrong and what is right! and to take definitive action against it. The first step is to recognize what is wrong and what is right … we just try to find excuses.
    When we cry ‘oh we are being oppressed’ … it inevitably has an effect on people like Maj. Hassan … who end up feeling for Muslims countries more than we ourselves! and go around committing such acts.

Two wrongs don’t make a right my friend … let us put our house in order first!

2. Shamyl
    Shamyl November 13, 2009 at 7:52 am |

@Tariq Qureshi,
    Simple fact.
    Muslim soldier kills non-muslim soldiers who were ready to kill Muslim Men Women and Children in their country! I find it absolutely RIGHT and not wrong. He saved the lives of many innocent Muslims!

3. Tariq Qureshi
    Tariq Qureshi November 13, 2009 at 7:56 am |

@Shamyl This is exactly the logic that the anglo-american alliance is using … and they, as well as you my friend, are both wrong! – Just my opinion.

4. murtaza
    murtaza November 13, 2009 at 8:21 am |

@Shamyl,
    You are a lunatic. How easily you promote violence and expect rest of the world to be respectfull of you. My friend problem with this situation is EXTREMISIM. Mullahs and their cohorts like you promote violence and say “Islam is in danger”. Yes, Islam is in danger from fanatics like you.

What Maj Nidal did must be categorically condemned. No IFs and BUTs. He is a killer and should spend rest of his life in solitary confinement.

My friend- your suicide bombers kill more Pakistanis and Afghans than NATO forces. Remember that…

Yes, I am a Muslim- and a proud Pakistani.

And, I support Pak Army operation against Mullahs in Swat, Waziristan and Ishah Allah very soon in South Punjab.

5. murtaza
    murtaza November 13, 2009 at 8:26 am |

@Malik Rashid
    My God finally some reasonable voice. Can’t believe how much hatred these so-called Musalmans have in them. These idiots breathe fire. They are ready to burn down a Church just on rumor of blasphemy and don’t realize how patient are Americans for not backlashing on Nidal Mafa Musalmaan

6. Sagheer
    Sagheer November 13, 2009 at 8:41 am |

Ibrahim Sajid Malick has made offenses relating to Islam and should be tried under Pakistan Penal codes:

295-C Use of derogatory remarks, etc; in respect of the Holy Prophet. Whoever by words, either spoken or written or by visible representation, or by any imputation, innuendo, or insinuation, directly or indirectly, defiles the sacred name of the Holy Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) shall be punished with death, or imprisonment for life, and shall also be liable to fine.
    298-A Use of derogatory remarks, etc…, in respect of holy personages. Whoever by words, either spoken or written, or by visible representation, or by any imputation, innuendo or insinuation, directly or indirectly defiles a sacred name of any wife (Ummul Mumineen), or members of the family (Ahle-bait), of the Holy Prophet (PBUH), or any of the righteous caliphs (Khulafa-e-Rashideen) or companions (Sahaaba) of the Holy Prophet description for a term which may extend to three years, or with fine, or with both.

I will be filing FIR against him so next time he comes to Pakistan he will be arrested.

7. Zak
    Zak November 13, 2009 at 11:49 am |

As a Christian I am in touch with many different groups around the world and one thing I can absolutely say is that anger is steadily growing for the past 10 years against Muslim Jihadists who keep oppressing us all around the world. I realize majority of Muslims reject this stupid Jihadist brainwashing, but more of them need to speak out. We Christians are peaceful and try to turn the other cheek, but we are still human and can only take so much abuse. I fear there will someday be a huge backlash against all the atrocities committed against us by Muslims which will make many innocent Muslims suffer and make the Crusades look tame in comparison. Do not awaken the sleeping dragon! We also have martyrs who will take up Jihad but they will not use road side bomb or Ak-47 it will be far far worse.

8. Zak
    Zak November 13, 2009 at 11:53 am |

Sagheer does Pakistan legal code also punish people for blaspheme against the name of Isa? Does it care when stupid Waziristan and South Punjab Muslims go crazy in places like Gojira and rape, burn and hack Christian women and children to death? This is the main problem with Sharia – it is intrinsicly unfair. One majority group (the Muslims) get a huge number of special priveleges and considerations in the law relative to the other minority groups! This is totally against democracy and freedom ideals. Show me one country with Sharia that the minorities are 100% respected, treatedly equally as Muslims and not attacked.

9. Zameer
    Zameer November 13, 2009 at 12:26 pm |

@Zak
    shut up idiot. democracy is western propoganda. it has no room in our part of the world. Islam treats minorities failry. Is that was not the case there would no Hindus. we spread religion with preaching.

10. Tariq Qureshi
    Tariq Qureshi November 13, 2009 at 12:39 pm |

@Zak: You need to bring a proof of Muslims raping Christian women in Pakistan.

11. ahmad saweed
    ahmad saweed November 13, 2009 at 2:46 pm |

Why in the first place US came to Afghanistan?? or in Iraq for that matter.. till date not even one single solid proof of involvement of al-Qaeda or Taliban in 9-11 is given by US on the base of which they came bombing into Afghanistan, No WMD’s were in Iraq ever, This war against terror is based on lies and just lies so no wonder they are getting the treatment deserved in Afghanistan so too in Iraq and with all their technology and fire power… its 8 years now and did they got hand to Usama or mullah Umer…A big NO!!!!

so keep trying guys these mad soldiers are the out come to that lie only and US soldiers are taking this war back home…all Muslims have to do is to wait n watch this unipolar world’s dream will parish on its own.

12. Zak
    Zak November 13, 2009 at 2:51 pm |

Zameer it is sad you must resort to insults. But that is expected, when a dog is wounded it will bark at anything. Wrong minorities are mistreated in every nation which follows Sharia law. This is fact. Wishing it weren’t so will not make it go away. Islam was spread #1 by the sword. Even today in most Muslim lands there penalty of leaving Islam is death. What are you so afraid of I wonder? I know the answer. I will not talk with you anymore since your mind is so warped by hatred and brainwashing. Only Allah can save you.

13. Zak
    Zak November 13, 2009 at 2:58 pm |

Here two sisters raped 14 and 18 years old:

Here a 13 year old girl raped:

Here a 14 year old girl raped:

This talks of many cases:

Here even a 28 year old man was raped:

14. Yunus Khan
    Yunus Khan November 13, 2009 at 7:33 pm |

It is a perfect example of catch 22! Islamic extremism is not some fringe phenomenon but part of the mainstream of Islamic life around the world. And yet, to work from that assumption might make the assumption all the more self-fulfilling. If we act as if “Islam is the problem,” we will guarantee that Islam will become the problem. But outright denial, like we are seeing from blogerss here, surely is not the beginning of wisdom either.

What should we do Mr. Malick?

15. Zak
    Zak November 13, 2009 at 9:11 pm |

Yunus Khan – Salam. What we need is for more and Muslims to fight against this stupid Jihadist mindset which seeks to legitimize acts of barbarism and hatred. Every time a Muslim provides material aid to these extremists (food, shelter, intelligence information, clothes, weapons, safe houses, donating money to organizations which funnel the money to terrorists, etc.) they are a part of the problem. Every time an imam preaches a sermon that demonizes people and calls for Jihad they are contributing to the problem. Every time a Muslim politician, police official, government official, judge, professor, academic, and anyone in a position of authority and influence fails to unequivocally condemn terrorist acts they are a part of the problem. Jihadists cannot survive in a vacuum. I am saddened when I see anyone being mistreated not just if it is a Christian. Most Muslims must adopt this attitude too. Also we need serious reform in the madras schools. If kids are taught hatred and that violence is OK to advance their faith then by the time they are an adult it is too late and most are beyond the ability to be reached. So you need to set a good example for children.

16. Tariq Qureshi
    Tariq Qureshi November 14, 2009 at 3:19 am |

@Zak: Zak, this is news to me. And I mean it. This makes me as sad and outraged as when I heard the American soldiers taking turn to assault that 14 year old girl in Iraq, before killing her.

I live in a city of 20+ million people, called Karachi. And ever since my return from United States, I have seen the flip side of the story, when it comes to our Christian brothers. I am associated with the call center industry, and the industry is dominated by (or at least partly dominated by) the Christian community. There, the Christians are seen as a source of corruption. From sex, to harassing the women to running prostitution rings.

But, what you point out to is quite extraordinary. I am aware of the Gojra incident, which was provoked by a false rumor that a Quraan was burnt by Christians at a wedding or something … and there was no rape involved there, as far as I know.

@ Rest of the people Guys, if there was one rape of a Christian girl/woman in our country, based on religion, or whatever, that is one too many. What are we going to do about it? What are we doing about it? besides making excuses for the criminals?

Remember what Muhammad (pbuh) said? that the behavior of Jesus was exemplary, and I have come to perfect it. Brothers and sisters, if we strive to fight against crimes against minorities in Paakistaan, that is da’wah unto al-Islaam, automatically!

Dare I say again? We need to put our own house in order first.

I am ashamed. I am ashamed.

Tariq Qureshi – Sadly it was too easy for me to find examples of Christians raped in Pakistan by Muslims (often they rape them because they are Christians which makes their crime even worse).Here two sisters raped 14 and 18 years old:
    http://answersforthefaith.com/2009/01/19/pakistan-two-christian-teenagers-raped-and-forced-to-convert-to-islam/Here a 13 year old girl raped:
    http://www.weaselzippers.net/blog/2009/02/pakistan-13yearold-christian-girl-gang-raped-by-islamic-extremists.htmlHere a 14 year old girl raped:
    http://www.aina.org/news/20090126182123.htmThis talks of many cases:
    http://www.nowpublic.com/world/christian-teenage-girls-being-gang-raped-pakistanHere even a 28 year old man was raped:
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,526126,00.htmlI wish all Pakistani Muslims would listen to the father of your country Mohammad Ali Jinnah when he said to the legislative Assembly of Pakistan on August 11, 1947:“You are free; you are free to go to your temples, you are free to go to your mosques or to any other place or worship in this State of Pakistan.You may belong to any religion or caste or creed that has nothing to do with the business of the State. Now I think we should keep that in front of us as our ideal and you will find that in course of time Hindus would cease to be Hindus and Muslims would cease to be Muslims, not in the religious sense, because that is the personal faith of each individual, but in the political sense as citizens of the State”

17. Zak
    Zak November 14, 2009 at 9:11 pm |

Tariq Qureshi – Salam, thanks for your concern. I heard of Karachi – a very big city indeed. I am also sad when any Muslim is killed. I did not support US invasion of Iraq and I think US should let Israel settle its own problems. I am also in favor of a Palestine state. My friend in Lahore also did not know about these rapes in Pakistan. He says Indian RAW agents made the Mumbai bombing to blame Pakistan. Do you think this is what happened? I read about RAW here: http://www.fas.org/irp/world/india/raw/index.html
    Seems they are involved in some nasty business. I wish Christians and Muslims can be friends and have good relations between our countries. As a conservative Christian I find that I have more in common with my Muslim friends than I do with most American Christians because sadly many have fallen into wickedness and corruption as you said. In fact Isa warned of this and said “Narrow is the path to salvation, few will take it.” I do not drink alcohol, I do not smoke or use drugs. I believe sex is only for marriage. Anyone here who wishes to be friends can email me: ibin.allah@gmail.com
    If Muslim girls wish to cover themselves with hajib or other garments I respect their wish to do so. I agree we need better Muslim relations in the US and actually a lot of Muslims are coming here now and they are proud to be Muslim Americans.

18. BABA IBR MAD
    BABA IBR MAD November 19, 2009 at 12:22 am |

Can someone donate a monkey to ISM(Ibrahim sajjid malik),after death of his own monkey he got depressed & righting such foolish blogs against pakistan which is the hope of peace at the moment

19. Aamir
    Aamir November 19, 2009 at 3:51 am |

@BABA IBR MAD: Mr.Ibrahim Malick is hell bent on defaming Muslim and this nation. He has completely ignored the initial reports. A Pastor was entering the area and even when the shooting had not started, a soldier came running to him and asked the Pastor to leave since “there is going to be firing here”…one can find this article on my facebook. my id there is Aamir Farooq. It was all planned mr.malick, the Muslim major fired in self defense and to save his other brothers at arm. u r now bragging the wrong version of the actual happening. Stop doing so. I request the readers of this blog to detest the owner,his comments and writings since they r entirely meant to demoralize the Muslims all over the world and to bring them shame. The owner is a PAID agent of external forces

20. Analiso
    Analiso November 19, 2009 at 10:56 am |

Major Hassan is a coward.

And an embarrassment to Islam.

He deserves to be paralyzed and in a wheelchair for all eternity.

If he were really a “brave warrior,” he would have taken his loaded gun and started shooting at a roomful of ARMED soldiers.

Instead of at a bunch of unarmed people in a routine processing center.

But cowards like Hassan never do that, do they? They prefer shooting down and blowing up helpless, unarmed people.

Disgusting.

21. Aleem
    Aleem November 22, 2009 at 7:49 am |

I am so happy to discover this blog. I am so proud that there are Pakistanis like Ibrahim. He is my voice. I am a Pakistani. He is saying here what I want to say but do not have the power and courage.

Thank you Ibrahim sb.

22. Roxane
    Roxane November 29, 2009 at 9:17 pm |

After reading all the blogs Iam very sorry to say that very bad language has been used. Why the hate? We have to see what caused this incredibly sad thing to happen? Why did Nidal snap out ? You may also have heard students’ shooting spree in colleges and high schools killing dozens of students and teachers… Why? This just shows that religion is not the main factor.Maybe they couldn’t cope up with the tension in their mind.After all the harassment they face there is no one to sympathise with them,no one to listen to them…We have to find the root of the cause that is what civilized people do,not jump to conclusion.

23. Aslam
    Aslam January 30, 2010 at 6:48 am |

temp 12345

24. moeursalen
    moeursalen January 30, 2010 at 8:52 pm |

You are all stoned on too much Hashish. Muslims are so much more free in America that most never want to go back to the stone age of bigotry and intolerant areas where Islamo-fascists bully people into pretending they believe in things they really don’t. I know lots of Muslims who are not like the a**hole Major Hasan and love the West. They would love the East, too, but long for a future where men and women could be as free as they can be in America and other countries of the West.